Sunday, March 11, 2007

Thank You Microsoft! (Windows Mobile)

So I work hard all week to make sure that all my servers and clients are as ready as they can be for the new Daylight Savings Time clock change. The story is that if workstations AND servers aren't updated with the microsoft update for the daylight savings time change then there are going to be hassles and problems, especially login problems. I know that I will have a certian amount of these issues to deal with Monday Morning but I figured that I had at least covered my bases. NOT! I didn't think about Windows Mobile Based devices. It seems that you need to run an update on these devices as well. I got a call from a client letting me know that all of his appointments were an hour off and he had checked and reset the time on his device and everything. Hmmmmm what could it be. Did a quick search and found that there is a download that needs to be run for your windows mobile device. Ran the update and instructed him to do the same and VOILA! It worked great! Urgh....even the best laid plans go south sometimes.

To get the download you can log in to.....
www.microsoft.com/windowsmobile from your web based Windows Mobile Based device (Pocket PC, Pocket PC Phone, etc...) and download and install the update. If you would rather install it from your PC over active sync you can download it to your PC and then install it from there when you sync your device.


Happy daylight savings time!

No comments: